Wednesday, August 02, 2006

maybe in a parallel universe somewhere.....

I saw you in my dreams last night.
and tried to convince you to forgive me.
seems I still feel like I owe that to you.
and we sat down on your stoop,
eatting snacks and talking about the past.
We cried for each other, and after a while
the tears turned to laughter.
I felt better.

"love is like changing toothpaste"
is what you had said.
and I read you my poem and said I was
sorry for all the emails.
You shrugged and smiled at me.
I guess in my dreams you could be
what I wanted you to be.
and after all these years,
finally forgive me.

2 comments:

Rex Venom said...

Roy Orbison has a few songs about dreams and the simplicity they hold towards our needs and wants. I like this post. You must have felt good for a bit once you woke. Felt freed.
Rock on!

Anonymous said...

yeah... I'm going to keep checking this page for signs of life like a stalker until u finally post something...