Sunday, November 07, 2004

Suppress me. Deny me. Forget me.

my cousin made this statement to me a while ago but for some reason I remembered it while taking a shower today. she said "I'm so surprised at how well adjusted you are considering your awful past and childhood".
now this doesn't mean anything to me because I am not an observer of my life, usually. I live within it and my experiences so I had never noticed.
but I was watching Eternal Sunshine and my friend was talking about how some where some men are making a machine that will really erase people's memories.
but I think our bodies do it already. Our mind does it for us. It weeds out what we need to hold on to so we remember mistakes. or turn that next corner. our body has its own way of suppressing, denying, blacking out the past. However tiny or traumatic our past can be.
we do not need to meddle with something that is already so brilliant. So perfect.

No comments: